2 Samuel 16:9,11 - "Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? Let me go over, I pray thee, and take off his head...let him alone, and let him curse; for the Lord hath bidden him."

Matthew 7:15 - “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

Matthew 24:11 - “…and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.”

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Frank Page Reveals Details of His "Morally Inappropriate Relationship" in Interview with FBC Jax Watchdog

Jacksonville, FL (WD Press) - Today former Southern Baptist Convention President Frank Page spoke with the FBC Jax Watchdog in an exclusive interview, revealing the details of his "inappropriate relationship in the recent past" that caused him to resign from the SBC Executive Committee.

"It is with deep regret that I let my fellow pastors and Southern Baptists know that I have had a morally inappropriate relationship over the past several months,", said Page.  "The Lord has shown me recently that this moral failing requires my repentance and departure from full-time ministry."

When asked by the FBC Jax Watchdog for the details of the nature of the relationship, Page was at first hesitant and obviously embarrassed. Finally he did explain what happened.

Page explained that the relationship was not with a woman, but was actually with two men who are fellow "men of God".

"In December, I committed the sin of befriending disgraced pastor Ergun Caner, and I even stooped so low as to share a pulpit with him at a youth camp meeting. Even knowing that Caner lied for over 10 years about being raised in Turkey and raised to 'do that which was done on 11 September', I still stood on the same stage as Ergun. This led to a further moral failing of shaking hands with Ravi Zaccharias at a pastor's conference, knowing he is still unrepentant for his online relationship with a married woman."

Page continued that these moral failings even led to a month-long bout with depression that caused him to watch the godless movies "Year One" and "Sausage Party".

"I am committed to making things right with my family and fellow Southern Baptists", said Page.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Is this for real? If these two reasons are the real reasons for Page getting out of the ministry he should have been out a long time ago. The SBC (and other denominations) are full of men who have lied and had inappropriate relationships with women, not their wife!

Anonymous said...

Belated happy April 1st. Do you have plans to interview Bill Hybels and Paul Pressler?

Serena763 said...

I'm glad to see you posting again!

Serena763 said...

I'm glad to see you are blogging again!

Unknown said...

I still don't know what to make of your "stories" you write in your blog.....but, you're finally getting your wish as far as Mac Brunson is concerned, aren't you? It must be oh so satisfying!