2 Samuel 16:9,11 - "Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? Let me go over, I pray thee, and take off his head...let him alone, and let him curse; for the Lord hath bidden him."

Matthew 7:15 - “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

Matthew 24:11 - “…and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.”

Monday, December 17, 2007

Update on Calvin Carr

Calvin Carr has been the pastor at North Central Baptist Church in Gainesville, Florida for about 2 months now. His church does post his sermons on the Internet under "I-Tunes", so visit his church web site here, scroll to the bottom and link to the I-Tune podcasts of his sermons.

From time to time I'll listen to a few of his sermons, and they are outstanding. You can hear so much of Dr. Vines and Dr. Lindsay in his sermon style, and from time to time he drops in interesting stories from his many years at FBC Jax.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing I noticed about the North Central's website: the church's constitution and bylaws are online. That's a nice convenience for their membership.

Anonymous said...

You know,

I'll admit, it would be nice to have easier access to our bylaws. But I am not going to criticize that issue as many have on this blog.

Anonymous said...

Rob P-

Anonymous 10:33 here. It wasn't meant as a criticism, only as an observation.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Calvin and his family on their move to North Central. Their congregation is very blessed to have them.