2 Samuel 16:9,11 - "Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? Let me go over, I pray thee, and take off his head...let him alone, and let him curse; for the Lord hath bidden him."

Matthew 7:15 - “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

Matthew 24:11 - “…and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.”

Friday, August 31, 2007

Our Pastor Has More Guns than Yours!!!

We all enjoyed Mac's explanation this past Sunday of the September 8th "Day of Faiths" conference to be held at FBC Jax...this past Sunday Mac said: "There are people in our city that have to live everyday with gunfire in their neighborhood; no one should have to live like that, I don't care WHO they are!"...that was a real head-scratcher...who might he be talking about? Hmmm....

He followed that quip with "I wouldn't put up with that in my neighborhood...in fact I have 5 or 6 guns, I wouldn't put up with it" (rough paraphrase). Great, thanks Mac for letting us know you have 5 or 6 guns, information we really needed to know - how many guns our pastor totes. It has me wondering? How many does Jim Whitmire have? How about Jim Smyrl, is he packing heat? Gee, I wonder how many Homer had....point is: TMI - too much information Mac...gun owners I know don't brag to anyone, much less thousands of people in a church service, how many guns they own...besides, just how much gunfire do YOU face over in the gated community you live in Mac?

No comments: