2 Samuel 16:9,11 - "Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? Let me go over, I pray thee, and take off his head...let him alone, and let him curse; for the Lord hath bidden him."

Matthew 7:15 - “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

Matthew 24:11 - “…and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.”

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Christian, You Have Been Released from Servitude to God

Readers - below is a repeat of my 2nd post from July 2011 based on Wade Burleson's January 2, 2011 sermon.

These four posts - with the third and fourth coming in the next week, are some of my favorites.

I hope you enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------



"You and I are released from servitude TO God. In other words I rest from my efforts to produce for God...because I have been released from my servitude to God....'I thought when I became a Christian I became a servant OF God.' No, No....you became a SON of God" Wade Burleson
----------------------
In part 2 of our look at Wade Burleson's January 2, 2011 sermon, we see above Wade tell us that we have been saved and been made sons and daughters of God, and we are not slaves or servants to God. Our debt has been paid and we can rest.

In Part 3, we will look at the concept of a "bond slave", and in Part 4 Wade explains his view on the tithing doctrine as an example of how Christians have been released from having to perform FOR God. What Wade says in Part 4 is so simple yet profound, and something that you just won't hear in most pulpits regarding the truth on Christian stewardship.

Stay tuned....
-----------------------
Part 1: "Christian, Jesus is Your Jubilee, and You Can Rest" - July 21, 2011

5 comments:

WishIhadknown said...

One of the highlights of being a part of this blog has been following the teachings and ministry of Wade Burleson!

Debbie Kaufman said...

I am going to say this knowing that this will get me in trouble with a lot of folks.

So many leaders, preachers, teachers in the church do not know the Bible. They know select passages that they have been taught or by reading a Sunday School book and teaching through the SS book, they may sincerely think they know the Bible, but they don't. The Bible is all about Christ and what he has done for us. The Bible is about the Holy Spirit that works in us. It's not about what we do for God, but what He has done and will continue to do through us until we are in heaven.

As I followed things through the years on blogs my eyes were open to the fact that most churches don't teach scripture but select passages. The fighting, the exclusions,the tithing sermons that you have highlighted so often, the abuse from leaders, would be almost eliminated if we really were the people of the Bible we claim to be. I'm convinced we are not.

The church is to be a balm of healing for people,a safe place, not all the things Wartburg and you have been writing about. I weep for churches today and for those hurt needlessly by them. But I think this blog and others are changing this. Christ, God the Father are so good and loving. Not at all what is being taught today or for the past 50 or more years.

Anonymous said...

I believe the correct term is "joint heirs of Christ". We spiritually sit in heavenly places with Him. Just read the Bible and do not depend on someone else to tell you what it says is my advice.

Anonymous said...

Debbie you are so correct. The leaders arwe the reason the church has very little power and influence in our day and hour. They are very interested in how much they make in salaries and bonuses, vacation and trips around the world, writing and selling books, getting their fsmily members on the payroll, and contracts with their church how to resolve those that find them out to be self serving that they don't have time to study the Bible. They are also very adept in finding sermons on the internet that fit their mold.

Anonymous said...

The "church system" of our country is under the judgement of God. No wonder He is calling His people out of it, and allowing so many unregenerates to pastor for profit in it.